Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin' on the River!


BEFORE TROPICAL STORM DEBBY....


AFTER TROPICAL STORM DEBBY....


Those pictures are of the exact same boat ramp with only a week gap between pictures. Thanks Debby!

The top picture is in High Springs off of Boat Ramp Rd, off Hwy 441. You can walk across the entire river without ever getting wet. Crazy!

The bottom picture is off of Boat Ramp Rd as well, but after the TS hit the area.
Last weekend we had not one, but two visits from our dear friend Debby. I know, I know, we needed the water really bad, but I think we prayed a little too hard for rain, 'cause we got a little too  much.

My neighbors went out on the river yesterday to enjoy the 4th of July holiday. They launched at US 27 and flew down the Santa Fe River (due to the rapid current from the abundance of water) down to the 47 bridge.

That is always a great ride. My husband and I went canoeing not too long ago down that same way, but at points, we had to get out and pull the boat, or maneuver around rocks and earth. We were hitting the river bottom which is now hidden by tons of water.

I'd like to take a trip down it now in a canoe. I'm sure the scenery is much different.

Don't forget to check out my other blog:



AND introducing my new website: http://www.jeanettepekala.com

Happy Travels and remember...It's Always Sunny in High Springs!

No comments:

Post a Comment